Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Anyway"

Last week I did a devo. It was entitled "Anyway" from the song by Martina McBride. In our dorm every week we have devotional on our floor. I was super nervous the whole entire time. The encouraging words I received from all of my friends was so encouraging. I got a text right before time for devotion that was wishing me luck and it was one of the best messages I have ever received. Sometimes I think we don't realize just how much the things we say affect those around us. Just that simple text that said, "Good luck tonight! I know you're gonna rock it!" Made my whole night and made my lesson go extra smooth.
Even a simple Facebook message can mean the world to someone. The idea for my "Anyway" devotion came from a lady from 2007 church camp. All this time I kept notes from that talk. I finally put them to use. I found the lady that gave the devotional on Facebook. I sent her a message on Facebook and thanked her for her Christian example.
Just talking to her and thanking her made my day instantly better.
When we are kind to each other and encourage each other it does wonders to how we feel. Even if this lady would not have replied to my message, would have been enough for me. Just thanking her for her example was all that I needed because I was on cloud nine when I found her on Facebook. I was even beyond cloud 9 when she said she remembered giving the lesson and thanked me for the Christian example I was setting. It was beyond amazing for me to hear that from a lady that has had such an impact on my life. There are no words to describe how important it is to have good influences in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment