Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Quote By Margaret Thatcher

" Watch your thoughts....
For they become words.

Watch your words...
For they become actions.

Watch your actions...
For they become habits.

Watch your habits...
For they become your character.

And watch your character...
For it becomes your destiny.

What we think, we become."

-Margaret Thatcher




This quote means so much to me. Sometimes my thoughts do not revolve around the lifestyle I want to have for myself. I recently watched "The Iron Lady" I can honestly say that it was one of the most inspiring movies that I have watched in a long time. I have always been a streeper and I have always loved hearing about Margaret Thatcher. Watching Meryl become Margaret in this movie was beyond amazing. In my opinion, disagree if you must, I saw exactly why Meryl won best actress. I saw this wonderfully brilliant woman portrayed on the screen. Margaret Thatcher and her story makes me want to run the country. She makes me want to stand up and yell about what ever is on my mind and my heart. This quote, makes me really aware of what I think about. It's scary sometimes to think that what we think, we become. Even in the bible it tells us to be careful what we fill our hearts and mind with, and for good reason too. I want my life to be mirror to a good woman who loves the Lord and everyone she comes in contact with. I struggle with that. It is so hard for me to love everyone. I struggle with accepting people and being the christian that God wants me to be. I fail over and over and over again. It comforts me to know that God still loves me, but it's still hard.

What we say is so important. I have really been trying to watch what I say, with little success. I know that our words can make or break a persons day. It is so important to try and only lift up people with our words and not tear them down. I was in the dollar store today and I was looking at a magazine that was on the shelf. Every single news title on the cover was something negative about a celebrity. There was even a story about my favorite celebrity, Celine Dion. There is word on the street there is trouble between her and her husband. Regardless if this is true or not that is a good way to tear someone down.

Actions speak louder than words. Wow. How true is that statement? How we treat one another matters so much. All you have to do is smile at someone to make their day. Just show them that you even kind of care about them at all. This kindness is lost to our generation.  We no longer hold doors for women or our elders. Why is this? We are all just wandering around this world just wanting someone to care about us. I know in my time I have tore a lot of people down with the words I use. Sometimes I do it daily. I try to correct it and keep it from happening. But I fail miserably. All we can do is try and lift people higher.

Character. That word is how most people know and identify us. It is so important to make sure we do the right things be the best we can be so our character will stay polished and clean. How do we want people to know us? Watch what you do and say and people will know you for how you want to be known.

Your destiny is left up to you. How you choose to deal with things, what you think about, and even your attitude toward life in general can change your destiny. I know that I am destined for great things. These things are not great by the worlds standards in any means. I just want to be remembered as a person who did everything she could with what she had to work with. I am in college right studying to work in a classroom with middle school children. Call me crazy, because I am, but I want to make a difference for that age group of kids. I remember how crucial it was to have a good role model at that age. I realize that I believe with all of my heart that I am destined to work with those children and be that role model. Then maybe one day work in a library to inspire young minds to expand and become open to new ideas.

So your thoughts matter. Whether you choose to believe they do or not. What you think about, what you dwell on, and what you fill your mind with will make a difference in your life. You can Think happy thoughts or negative thoughts. You are the one who suffers the consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment