Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vote YES on 1

"Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world." 
-Nelson Mandela 

I am pro-life not because of my political views. I am pro-life not because that is what my parents told me to be. I am pro-life not because that is what is socially acceptable. I am pro-life because I am a Christian. We didn't have a chapel today to promote the College Republicans group. We had our chapel talk today to inform students, most who are or can be registered voters, about an important issue. Be informed. This is our state and it is up to us to stand up for what we as Christians know is right. Vote yes on 1



This is the status that I posted on Facebook after chapel at my school. I have never been so upset with a group of people in my whole entire life. There was so much negative feedback to a state representative that came to inform us Christians about an issue that effects us all. Abortion. This issue ignites a fire in me. I AM PRO-LIFE. At conception a baby has a soul. God made that baby. At conception, God has a plan in mind for that baby. Read Jeremiah 49:11. One of my bible class teachers had a very moving statement. He said, "I am convinced that we have aborted the greatest president of the USA. I am convinced that we have aborted the cure for cancer or the greatest mind the world has ever known." He is probably right. Each day so many babies are being killed murdered. Even though they may just be seen as a wad of cells you can't tell me that it is still not a baby. 



Tennessee, the state that I call home and love, has been ranked #3 in the Nation for being an abortion destination. That scares me. The great state of Tennessee has become a place for expecting mothers to come so they can get rid of their child. There are families all over the world who try and try and try to have a child but are unable to and there are clinics and Drs who are willing to just take the lives of children who have done nothing wrong. 



"Abortions are going to happen wether or not it's legal. Make it legal and SAFE instead of having people hide in shame?" Is this how far away from what God says that we are going to TOLERATE TN being an abortion state? Another person said "I am already republican so can I leave?" This is not a are you a democrat or are you a republican or conservative or liberal or whatever else you may be. This is a Christian matter. I also totally understand that most of our student body does not live in the great state of Tennessee so they can not cast a vote, but all the same they are attending a school in Tennessee. Not only that but TN is a state in the USA. So it is our concern. We are Christians and we have a chance to make a difference in this world by passing an amendment to prevent our money to going toward something that we as Christians should never support and more importantly we could save the lives of babies.


I feel as if I could go on and on about this issue because we as Christians have been silent too long. We have tolerated the world getting their way for far too long. It is time to make this a nation under God. It is time for us to show the world just how great our God is. It is time for us to take a stand. "The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."



If we as Christians do not stand up for what we believe, then who else will?



For more information on YES on 1 here is the link so you can see what all the fuss is about. Get informed. 


voteYESon1



No comments:

Post a Comment