Monday, June 2, 2014

As My Time Here Wraps Up...

So this semester is almost over. I am absolutely terrible at keeping up with a blog. But to catch us all up I am a sophomore and I just turned twenty years old. Wow. No longer a teenager. That actually scares me to death... Anyway, this semester here at my small private Christian University is one of the best ones I have had yet. This semester has been full of professors that will be in my heart forever. The kindness I have been shown from each one of them makes me realize just why I want to teach. Its amazing.

I would like to say a few words about a couple of these dear professors:

My Fundamental Concepts of Math teacher. This woman was an angel in disguise. She was such a sweet lady first off. If I am half of the teacher she was to me this semester I will be a fantastic teacher. Not only was she a good teacher she was a very sweet lady and one day me being the slacker that I am forgot about some homework and sent her an email she graciously opened it back up for me to finish.

My American Literature 2 professor. This man may be one of the most boring professors to listen to during class but he has such passion about what he is teaching. You can just tell that he absolutely loves talking about stories and poems and other things that make me want to go to sleep. He was so easy to talk to after class and before class that I found myself enjoying the class more and more just because I got interact with our teacher. He made it so much more bearable. That is a very important thing to have when you teach I think. Today, I had to memorize and poem and recite it off to him. I am terrible at memorizing things. Write it out,  I usually do pretty well with that. But today I went into his office and tried my hardest to recite this poem and no matter how hard I tried I could not remember what I had studied. So he, being the kind man that he is, offered me a pen and piece of paper so that I could write out the poem as an alternate. So I still didn't make a 100 but I did a whole lot better than I was going to. Just bless that man

The third and final professor that deserves to be recognized is my precious Spanish Professor. There is no way I would have enjoyed this semester of Spanish without her help. She helped me so much throughout the semester. I took 2 semesters of Spanish in high school and I hated every single second of it. I never really grasped anything. My brain just doesn't get Spanish. Sra helped me in more ways than she will ever know I spent a lot of time in her office and time that she didn't have to spend with me helping me she did anyway. Any professor that will take time for their students deserves the utmost respect and praise from everyone. These are the professors that make me so glad that I am pursuing the career that I am. She is the one that makes me so glad that I chose to go to a Christian University. She showed me Christ just the way she helped me and took the time to help me with all of my struggles in her class. She even inquired what she could do better to be a better teacher so that we could all learn more from her. I love teachers like that. They make me so happy. Sra was such a blessing to me in the short time I was with her. There was day I went to see her to inquire about a test and when we were through she asked if I had somewhere to be and I didn't so she invited me to sit down. We sat in her office for about an hour while she asked me how I was and just asked about me. We laughed together and she made me feel very important and that she genuinely cared about me as a person. That is an awesome feeling.

I enjoyed this semester so much. I am sad that I will no longer be blessed with the sweet professors I have the privilege of having this semester but I look forward to what this fall brings

No comments:

Post a Comment